What we offer
What's more, it serves our need to maintain a professional edge,
consistent with our customers' expectations. Our people tell us
there's a wide variety of reasons why they work for us. We
recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance and our
staff policies reflect this.
No matter what career you choose with us, you'll find that:
- you are working in a fast moving and dynamic company
- you have the opportunity to develop skills in the course of
your everyday work and through specific training
- you are surrounded by friendly people
- you have a good selection of benefits.
- and, last but not least, our offices
offer pleasant surroundings.
When joining SLC you will attend a "Welcome Day" to find out
more about the Company, gain an insight into our history and learn
about our products and plans.
After this, the training you receive will depend on your job and
will vary across different disciplines. For anyone joining our
Customer Contact team they will get a four week induction including
systems and product training as well as customer service training
to ensure you are equipped with the skills and knowledge to deliver
what are customers expect.
Whatever role you take on within our company, we make sure our
people have all of the necessary skills and knowledge they need to
do their job effectively by:
- supporting personal development through various external,
internal, on-the-job and online training schemes
- considering sponsorship through Further Education courses if
relevant to your role
- each employee having an annual performance review with regular
follow-ups throughout the year
- developing a personal development plan, linked to personal
Diversity and Inclusion
Our Diversity and Inclusion Policy applies at all times and
influences the way we treat other individuals; whether they be
colleagues, customers or other business contacts.
We believe that each person's aptitude, experience, qualifications
and potential are important and so we treat everyone fairly when we
decide who to employ or promote, as well as how we train and
develop our people and how we reward them. And of course we apply
the same policy to our business, to ensure the services we provide
also treat everyone fairly.