Undergraduate support

The financial help an undergraduate student can get depends on which devolved authority they apply to for financial support, their course, where they live while studying, and their individual circumstances.

Image supplied courtesy of The University of Hertfordshire © www.herts.ac.uk

Students can find details on how to apply for financial support, maintain their account and repay any loan(s), through the student zone on this website.

Types of help for new full-time undergraduate higher education students include:

  • Tuition Fee Loans to cover the full cost of tuition fees
  • Maintenance Loans to cover living costs
  • Grants to cover living costs
  • Bursaries and scholarships from universities and colleges
  • Students can also get extra support if they have children or adult dependants, or a disability or a specific learning difficulty.