SFE Student Messages
Here are our Student Finance England (SFE) customer messages. Please communicate these key messages to students you are in contact with, through your website or other student facing channels
Messages for full-time, Student Finance England HE undergraduate students
New student messages
The deadline is coming – apply for your student finance now!
- The deadline for new students to apply to Student Finance England to ensure you have your money when you start your course is 27 May 2016. It’s quick and easy to apply online, just go to www.gov.uk/studentfinance
- If you apply after this date, you might not get all your money in time for the start of your course, but we’ll try to make an initial assessment so you’ll have some money as close to the start of your course as possible.
- It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a confirmed place at university or college, you should still apply now. Just use your preferred choice of course and you can change it later if you need to.
- If you’ve started your application but not completed it, log back into your student finance account now and finish it before the deadline.
Continuing student messages
Re-apply for your student finance as soon as possible to make sure you have your money when you return to your course. You can do this at www.gov.uk/studentfinance
Re-applying for student finance is easy:
- You can go online and re-apply for student finance as soon as possible. You need to print out the declaration form, sign it and return it to Student Finance England. Once Student Finance England have processed your application they’ll send you your Student Finance Entitlement letter.
- If you applied for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) last year along with your student finance, you won’t need to re-apply for DSAs every year. If you only applied for DSAs last year SFE will send you the form to re-apply. If you’re applying for DSAs for the first time, you’ll need to download the form from www.gov.uk/studentfinance, or let SFE know and they’ll send you a copy.
- Remember to register at your university or college. Student Finance England can’t pay you until you do!
- You need to fill in your application for student finance by 24 June 2016 to be sure you have your money when you start your course. If you apply after this date, you might not get all your money in time for the start of your course, but we’ll try to make an initial assessment so you’ll have some money as close to the start of your course as possible.
For a range of helpful tools and guidance visit www.thestudentroom/studentfinance
Read SFE’s new, interactive quick start guides.
Watch SFE’s short films on YouTube for information on how to apply.