Migrant Worker process change for 2015/16

10 September 2015

Starting from AY 2015/16 migrant worker funding, for both maintenance and tuition fees, will be released on a ‘per term’ basis. This means migrant worker students will need to provide evidence of their continuous employment at the start of each term.

When dealing with enquiries from students assessed as migrant workers, Higher Education Providers can help students to understand how changes in their employment circumstances can impact their entitlement and encourage students to respond to Student Finance England or Student Finance Wales requests for evidence of ongoing employment.

Please refer to our Migrant Worker Q&A document for further details.